Many of you will be bringing children to the theatre for their first theatrical performance. Good theatre manners cannot begin too young, and to this end The Muny would like to outline some of the basic principles of Theatre Etiquette. As a courtesy to other patrons around you, please remember:
- Curtain time at The Muny is always 8:15 p.m. Try to arrive early. If you cannot avoid arriving late, wait for a pause in the action to find your seat.
- Please turn off pagers and cell phones, and please do not text message during performances. Extra sounds and lights are distracting.
- Be considerate of the people around you. Will your whispering prevent other people from hearing the show? Also, be careful not to rattle your program or candy wrappers during the show.
- When you sit on your mother's lap are you taller than she is? The person behind you may not be able to see over your head.
- Intermission is the time to get a soda, a pretzel and to use the restroom. If you must leave during the show, please be quiet as you leave and don't talk or run in the aisles.
- Please do not sing along with the show.
- Please remember...the show is not over until after the actors have taken their curtain calls. They have all worked very hard to entertain you and it is very rude to leave before they have made their final exit. It is also irritating to other theatre-goers.