Reporting to the artistic director/executive producer, this position manages a variety of production duties for our seven show series as well as specific off-site events and productions. The person coordinates communication and tasks with artistic and production teams, administrative staff and Muny kids and teens during preproduction, rehearsal, and performances.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Minimum five years’ experience with middle or senior management responsibility in theatre production
- Passion for excellence in Musical Theatre
- Commitment to The Muny’s diversity, inclusion and equity goals
- Energetic self-starter with exceptional attention to detail
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists artistic director/executive producer on all aspects of production at highest artistic and professional level
- Works closely with Artistic Director/executive producer facilitating communication with artistic teams
- Serves as liaison with Muny marketing, development and other administrative departments
- In collaboration with artistic director/executive producer coordinate the hiring and day-to-day supervision of freelance artistic personnel, including directors, choreographers, music directors, actors, fight directors, dialect coaches, other specials. Negotiate guest artists’ contracts.
- Coordinate conversations and offer support for NY principal casting agent
- Coordinate and manage local St. Louis auditions and casting.
- Produce Muny Magic at The Sheldon concert series, with all the artistic and management functions required.
- During the season, work with artistic director/executive producer to check in on rehearsals, production needs and meetings, and coordinate with company management travel and housing for guest artists.
- During the season, supervise and mentor the production office interns.
- With the artistic director/executive producer and the production supervisor, create and manage annual budgets.
- Additional duties as assigned by Artistic Director and Executive producer
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and an ability to manage relationships with a diverse range of personalities
- Strong strategic and analytical skills
- Knowledge of theatrical union contracts
- Excellent computer skills including Excel and Word
- Ability to lead, as well as work within a team structure
- Excellent writing and editing skills
The Muny is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to Mike Isaacson, artistic director and executive producer.
Send documents as email attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org with the email subject line of “Muny Producing Associate”.
Salary and Benefits: Commensurate Based on Experience.