You can make gifts to The Muny using funds from your individual retirement account (IRA) without tax complications. It is a very simple process. Simply contact your IRA custodian with your wishes. Here’s how it works:
- You must be age 70 ½ or older when you make your gift
- You transfer funds directly from an IRA to The Muny
- Your gifts may total up to $100,000
- You make the gifts to qualified public charities, like The Muny
- IRA gifts can be directed to The Muny Endowment, to Muny Partners or to any other category of giving.
To learn more about your options when considering a bequest or charitable planned gift, please contact the Development Department at The Muny by calling (314) 361-1900 x327.