The Muny will hold auditions for Woodwind. If you are hired by The Muny, you must be/or become a member in good standing of M.A.S.L. Local 2-197.
The Muny Orchestra Audition Dates
Wednesday, May 17, 2023
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- Professional experience in Musical Theater
- Excellent Musical training/studies
- Solid technical and artistic skills in the musical field
- Excellent level of musical interpretation
- Versatility, ability to interpret a large variety of musical styles
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Woodwind position must double well on Flute, Piccolo, Clarinet (Bb, Eb, bass cl), Sax (sopr, alto, tenor, bari), bassoon.
Musicians are scheduled and paid according to the instrumentation needed for each show as dictated in the collective bargaining agreement.. The season is normally 7 shows each summer from June through mid August. Weekly base wages for 2023 are $1,702.99/per week. The Muny Orchestra is covered by a collective bargaining agreement with the Musicians’ Association of St. Louis, Local 2-197.
This is a swing list position. This position is only paid if the instrumentation calls for this woodwind position and if more than the four basic orchestra woodwinds on the CBA are needed.
ST. LOUIS, MO – The Muny
#1 Theatre Drive
St. Louis, MO 63112
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
In an effort to provide the safest possible workplace, The Muny requires that all backstage employees be fully vaccinated including the CDC recommended booster when eligible.
Deadline to Apply for Woodwind Position is
Wednesday, April 26, 2023
Auditions are by appointment times only.
To request an appointment, please register by April 26.
The Muny is an Equal Opportunity Employer