Seasonal Full Time Position Announcement: Assistant Production Manager – Shows
Position: Assistant Production Manager - Shows
Reports to: Production Manager
Under the supervision of the Production Manager, communicate with the designers and production staff to ensure high quality of production, a safe working environment, and a supportive and adaptive process. Speak with department heads and union crews to ensure alterations of any kind are communicated to the Production Manager and in collaboration with, devise alternative means to support the production and communicate this to the rest of the production team.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- High degree of interpretive, interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work with a union crew.
- Computer and internet research skills with specific knowledge of Word, Excel, and calendar programs.
- At least 5 years of professional production experience, or equivalent training in theatrical production or stage management.
- Ability to respond to changing circumstances quickly and with a positive attitude.
- Understanding of The Muny’s mission, strategies and programming, including a commitment to antiracism in the work and workplace.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist the Production Manager in tech, designer runs, and general day to day production shop related work.
- Communicate with the Staff and crews to execute planned expectations. Discuss with PM and execute any changes needed
- Regularly maintain communication connections within the production department and creative teams, marketing department, and crews.
- Assist the Production Manager in maintaining positive relationships with outside vendors and community outreach.
- Assist in the scheduling and coordination of meetings, both institutional and project-based. For productions: record and distribute meeting notes, general filing and organization.
- Collaborate and assist other Production Management staff as necessary.
- Complete other duties as assigned
- Assistant Production Manager responsibilities include day time hours, afternoon rehearsals, and all evening technical rehearsals and post rehearsal meetings.
- Ability to move about the backstage and onstage areas safely during rehearsals.
- Position is Full-time, seasonal. Salary starts at $1200 per week for 13 weeks. May 15 - August 18, 2023
COVID-19 VACCINATION POLICY
In an effort to provide the safest possible workplace, The Muny requires that all backstage employees be fully vaccinated including the CDC recommended booster when eligible.
ABOUT THE MUNY
Celebrating its 105th Season in 2023, The Muny is America’s oldest and largest outdoor musical theatre. Every summer, The Muny produces seven full-scale musical theatre productions each summer. The theatre has 11,000 seats including 1,500 free seats at each performance, a Muny tradition since the first season in 1919. Average summer attendance is over 360,000 patrons, and cumulative attendance totals over 55 million. The Muny’s Crawford Taylor Education Initiative offers a robust variety of premiere arts education, theatre training and performance programs. The Muny is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization. Earned income represents 80% of The Muny’s annual $19 million budget, and the remainder is raised through individual and corporate donations. Besides 35 full-time staff, The Muny provides more than 950 seasonal jobs, including 30+ college internships.
To apply for the position, please email resume and references to [email protected] no later than February 13, 2023.