Seasonal Full Time Position Announcement: Transportation Department Driver and Co-Head
Position: Transportation Department Driver and Co-Head
Reports to: Company Manager
Under the direction of the Company Manager and Artistic Director/ Executive Producer, this position serves as a key member of The Muny’s Company Management department. Two drivers will be hired to share this position and work in collaboration with each other to head the department. The Department co-heads are responsible for scheduling a driving staff of approximately 6-8 people, coordinating pick up and drop off schedules, driving cast and creative team members, and being on call for transportation changes. These department co-heads work in collaboration with the Company Manager to ensure clear communication of transportation to and from the theater, the airport, the grocery store and any other necessary trips.
- Driver’s License and excellent driving record required
- Previous management experience a plus
- Well organized and calm under pressure
- Ability to react quickly and creatively to problems that arise
- Exceptional and transparent communication style
- Basic computer skills with Google suite experience a plus
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- With co-head, manage the daily schedule and staffing of all Muny transportation
- Communicate transportation schedule to Muny cast and creative team members
- Report driver hours to Company Manager for payroll
- Monitor pre-paid credit card balances, and report expenditures
- Coordinate delivery and assignment of bicycles, helmets and rental vehicles
- Ensure vehicles are prompt, clean and run respectfully
- Transportation Department Co-Head hours are estimated to be 40 hours a week - 5 days a week - Varying Monday through Sunday. Co-heads will trade off “on call days” to create either 1) four days on call and one day driving, or 2) three days on call and two days driving every other week to ensure a full 7 days of Department Head coverage each week.
- On Call hours are from 8am - 12am, include some computer work but can be done off-site
- Driving day hours are mid day as needed. Hours will vary.
Position is Full-time, seasonal. The salary is $850.00 per week. Apply here no later than March 15, 2023.
ABOUT THE MUNY
Celebrating its 105th Season in 2023, The Muny is America’s oldest and largest outdoor musical theatre. Every summer, The Muny produces seven full-scale musical theatre productions each summer. The theatre has 11,000 seats including 1,500 free seats at each performance, a Muny tradition since the first season in 1919. Average summer attendance is over 360,000 patrons, and cumulative attendance totals over 55 million. The Muny’s Crawford Taylor Education Initiative offers a robust variety of premiere arts education, theatre training and performance programs. The Muny is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization. Earned income represents 80% of The Muny’s annual $19 million budget, and the remainder is raised through individual and corporate donations. Besides 35 full-time staff, The Muny provides more than 950 seasonal jobs, including 30+ college internships.