Star-Packed Lineup and Programs Announced for Supersized Grand Finale of The Muny 2020 Summer Variety Hour Live!
ST. LOUIS (August 12, 2020) - The supersized lineup for the fifth and final episode of The Muny 2020 Summer Variety Hour Live! has been announced. This free, live-streamed program will air on Monday, August 17, at 8:15 p.m. CDT via youtube.com/themunytv. Ameren is proud to serve as the Principal Sponsor with Tarlton as the Supporting Sponsor for the fifth episode of The Muny 2020 Summer Variety Hour Live!
To-date, nearly 100,000 viewers from nearly every state in the U.S. and from around the world have tuned in to watch The Muny make history with this new, live-streamed series.
The fifth episode will include:
- More scenes than ever “from the vaults” of The Muny’s productions of A Chorus Line, Rodgers & Hammerstein’s Cinderella, Guys and Dolls, Gypsy, Meet Me In St. Louis, Thoroughly Modern Millie and The Muny Centennial Gala: An Evening with the Stars
- Muny artists and real-life couple Erin Dilly and Stephen R. Buntrock perform “You and I” from Meet Me In St. Louis
- A live vocal performance from former Muny Kid and Teen, and two-time St. Louis High School Musical Theatre Awards Best Actress winner, Maggie Kuntz, singing “The Trolley Song” from Meet Me In St. Louis
- “I Will Be Your Home,” a special video love letter to the behind-the-scenes Muny family, written and performed by Broadway and The Muny’s Colby Dezelick
- “Broadway Melody,” a Broadway-style filmed-at-the-Muny dance piece from Singin’ in the Rain, conceived and choreographed by Broadway performer and St. Louis native, Richard Riaz Yoder
- “You Can’t Stop the Beat,” a high-energy, filmed-at-The-Muny dance spectacular directed and choreographed by St. Louis native, Broadway performer and Muny alumnus, Jack Sippel, performed by 19 Muny alums with vocals by Broadway and The Muny’s Nasia Thomas
- A mashup performance by The Muny Kids singing “Come Alive/A Little More Homework” from The Greatest Showman and 13, respectively
- Graduating Muny Teens perform “Our Time” from Merrily We Roll Along in a special senior sendoff
- A series finale sing-along of “Auld Lang Syne” that honors a long-standing Muny closing night tradition, led by Broadway and The Muny’s Beth Malone
- Behind-the-scenes stories about what’s happening at The Muny
And much, much more
“I can’t believe our summer season is now over,” said Muny Artistic Director and Executive Producer, Mike Isaacson. “I'm so grateful to everyone who has created this show, watched this show, and given us the gift of their summer nights. It’s hard to say goodbye.”
"After four weeks of unforgettable, virtual summer evenings together, our Variety Hour Live! curtains close with this amazing group of Muny artists," said President and CEO, Denny Reagan. "This lineup promises to be the perfect finale to what has been a one-of-a-kind season."
After the live-stream, this program will be repeated only once on the following Thursday at 8:15 p.m. CDT, which will also be captioned and audio described.
World Wide Technology (WWT) became the first overall season sponsor in the history of The Muny in 2014. They are committed to continuing in this role with their leadership gift as The Muny’s 2020 Online Season Presenting Sponsor.
To stay connected virtually and to receive the latest updates, please follow The Muny on their social media channels, including Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Categories: Muny News