Seasonal Full Time Position Announcement: Assistant Production Manager – Accounting
Position: Assistant Production Manager - Accounting
Reports to: Production Manager
Under the supervision of the Production Manager, communicate with the designers, production staff, Human resources and Finance Department to ensure the most accurate and timely account and payroll reporting possible.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- High degree of interpretive, interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Computer and internet research skills with specific knowledge of Word, Excel, and payroll programs.
- At least 5 years of professional production experience, or equivalent training in theatrical production or stage management.
- Ability to respond to changing circumstances quickly and with a positive attitude.
- Understanding of The Muny’s mission, strategies and programming, including a commitment to antiracism in the work and workplace.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist the Production Manager in reporting all expenses and income to the finance department.
- Regularly review the Budget Versus Actual sheets for discrepancies.
- Assist Company Management with design related payroll and travel
- Manage and report Petty Cash and Prepaid spending cards for the production department
- Assist the Production Manager in maintaining positive relationships with outside vendors and community outreach.
- Assist 5 departments with payroll entry and reporting.
- Collaborate and assist other Production Management staff as necessary.
- Complete other duties as assigned
- Assistant Production Manager responsibilities are from 7am - 3pm Monday through Friday
- Position is Full-time, Seasonal. Salary starts at $1200 per week for 21 weeks. April 10 - September 8, 2023 (dates are negotiable)
COVID-19 VACCINATION POLICY
In an effort to provide the safest possible workplace, The Muny requires that all backstage employees be fully vaccinated including the CDC recommended booster when eligible.
ABOUT THE MUNY
Celebrating its 105th Season in 2023, The Muny is America’s oldest and largest outdoor musical theatre. Every summer, The Muny produces seven full-scale musical theatre productions each summer. The theatre has 11,000 seats including 1,500 free seats at each performance, a Muny tradition since the first season in 1919. Average summer attendance is over 360,000 patrons, and cumulative attendance totals over 55 million. The Muny’s Crawford Taylor Education Initiative offers a robust variety of premiere arts education, theatre training and performance programs. The Muny is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization. Earned income represents 80% of The Muny’s annual $19 million budget, and the remainder is raised through individual and corporate donations. Besides 35 full-time staff, The Muny provides more than 950 seasonal jobs, including 30+ college internships.
To apply for the position, please email resume and references to [email protected] no later than February 13, 2023.